Inclusive curriculum and assessment practices are in place to support all students to reach their full potential.
The “Look Fors” described below are taken from the effective practices and integration sections of the Going Deeper Rubric:
- Educators incorporating culturally responsive approaches and inclusive curriculum strategies and materials in all learning activities.
- Educators using a variety of anti-discriminatory assessment and evaluation tools, procedures and opportunities to improve learning and teaching.
- A culture of high expectations permeating the learning environment, which is reflected in the relationships between all adults and the students.
- Parents and students participating in discussions about inclusive curriculum and assessment activities.
Further Your Discussion
- How do we identify and address needs or gaps in inclusive curriculum practices and resources?
- How do we determine whether discriminatory biases exist in our student assessment and placement procedures?
- How do we establish a culture of high expectations in order to motivate all students to strive for excellence?
For more information, see How Do We Know We Are Making A Difference? A Reflective Tool for School and System Leaders on the Implementation of Ontario’s Equity and Inclusive Education Strategy (PDF Available in English or French)