All parents and families have opportunities to be engaged in the school system.
The “Look Fors” described below are taken from the effective practices and integration sections of the Going Deeper Rubric:
- Board and school improvement plans that include strategies for engaging parent involvement committees, school councils, parents and families in the school.
- Parent and family engagement activities that reflect the diversity of the community.
- Feedback on parent and community engagement that is regularly collected and used for future planning.
- Schools providing support to parents and families who face barriers in engagement.
Further Your Discussion
- What strategies do we use to create safe, welcoming and inclusive schools and departments?
- What support do we provide to parents and families who face barriers to engagement with their schools?
- How do we use feedback from diverse parents and families on their experiences and ideas to improve schools?
For more information, see How Do We Know We Are Making A Difference? A Reflective Tool for School and System Leaders on the Implementation of Ontario’s Equity and Inclusive Education Strategy (PDF Available in English or French).