System leaders consistently identify and remove discriminatory barriers to learning.
The “Look Fors” described below are taken from the effective practices and integration sections of the Going Deeper Rubric:
- System leaders work with the board of trustees to make decisions which support effective implementation of equity and inclusive education.
- System leaders monitor, support and provide feedback to staff on the implementation of equitable and inclusive education practices.
- Systems leader facilitate the sharing of effective practices in equity and inclusive education among schools and departments.
Further Your Discussion
- How are we building leadership capacity for addressing inequity and discrimination in the system?
- How are system leaders monitoring, supporting and providing feedback to staff on the implementation of EIE practices?
- How are system leaders facilitating the sharing of effective practices in EIE among schools and departments?
For more information, see How Do We Know We Are Making A Difference? A Reflective Tool for School and System Leaders on the Implementation of Ontario’s Equity and Inclusive Education Strategy (PDF Available in English or French)